To encourage and enable the local community to be involved in planning, growing, buying and eating local, responsibly produced food, thereby reducing the environmental impact of its production and transportation.
- To create awareness of the benefits and future need of growing our own vegetables.
- To encourage local people to grow more food in their own gardens to eat themselves.
- To create and support a community scheme to grow and distribute fruit and vegetables.
- To encourage people, institutions and community groups to purchase and distribute local food.
- To share expertise, time, resources and enthusiasm.