100g dried fruit of your choice – mixed tropical fruit is good
1tsp ground cinnamon
4tbsp clear honey
50g chopped hazelnuts – can be omitted
4 large cooking apples
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Roughly chop the dried fruit and mix with the cinnamon, honey and hazelnuts. You can also add a little vanilla or rum at this point.
- Core the apples and score the skin around the middle. Place in a baking dish.
- Brush the hollows of the apple with lemon juice.
- Fill the centre of the apples with the fruit and nut mix.
- Bake for 30–40 minutes until golden and soft. Cove r with foil if filling starts to get too brown.